Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Melbourne with My Parents

July 4-8, 2013

I can't believe it has taken me so long to finish blogging about my parents' visit to Australia.  They visited in July.  JULY!  I'm so behind!  At any rate, here's where I last left off:

G'Day Grants!
Sights & Sounds From Oz
1770
Beaches & Boats - 1770
Evolution of a Sunset - 1770
Kangaroos, Koalas, & Crocodiles.. Oh My!
Heron Island
Boomerangs, Didgeridoos, and Caves
Tondoon Botanic Gardens

I was really excited that my parents had chosen Melbourne as the big Australian city that they wanted to visit while in Australia.  Melbourne has been one of my favorite cities that we've visited in Australia, so I was glad to have an excuse to go back!  HERE is a link to my first Melbourne trip back in January. 

David and I had such a great time in Melbourne when we visited and loved everything we did and saw, so I decided to pretty much do most of the same things with my parents on their visit.  Why mess with success, right?   We spent one full day exploring the city, one day on a tour of The Great Ocean Road, and one day visiting Phillip Island and the Penguin Parade. 

On our day exploring the city, I was excited to show my parents everything I had loved so much about Melbourne the last time I was there.  We started off at the Queen Victoria Market.  This market is totally overwhelming, but totally awesome at the same time.  There is produce, meat, cheese, souvenirs, etc. as far as the eye can see! 

 
 



Lollies, lollies, and more lollies!
 We also spent some time walking through Chinatown and doing some shopping in The Block Arcade




Next up was the Federation Square area.  Fed Square is where David and I celebrated NYE 2013 last year.  It is right near the river and has some great views of the city.  There always seems to be something going on in this part of the city- while we were there, the square was home to a really neat sculpture exhibit.  While I noticed the beautiful church across the street from Fed Square the last time I visited, my parents were smart enough to have the idea to actually check it out.  St. Paul's Cathedral was so pretty inside, and I'm glad I didn't miss out on this for a second time!






 

And of course, we had to spend some time wandering the alley ways that are famous for their street art.  We were even lucky enough to see some street artists at work!
 
 
 
 
 
I love you Melbourne!  I hope I get a chance to visit this beautiful city again while we're still here! 

 photo signature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. A couple months back they painted an alley (wall and floor) blue as to "refresh" the canvas. Guess we were running out of space. Did you have a chance to visit the Eureka Tower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the church pictures! I know what you mean about taking a while to post - it was months before i was caught up with my summer too. But just keep the posts coming : ) I didn't realize that you were close so Melbourne (or are you lol) - How far are you from Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!